Thursday, July 25, 2013

Monkey Bread Popcorn

Once again I found myself struggling to find something to bring to contribute to the bible study breakfast. Why is it I feel I never have any groceries on hand?! Oh wait, that's right, I have a 2 and a half year old and an 11 month old. I avoid going to the store at all costs with both of them. It's much better for my sanity if I do it that way.

I started searching through my cupboards and found a whole thing of popcorn kernels so I figured lets do a popcorn of sorts. So I went to pinterest and searched for popcorn and found this recipe. It said monkey bread and popcorn so I figured I could make it for a breakfast. Why not?!

It came together nice and it tasted yummy. Didn't fly out of the bowl for breakfast though (forward thinking on my part). But my husband and brother in law inhaled an entire batch. So a winner in my book! It would make for a fancy movie night popcorn treat or to share at a party. 
a


Monkey Bread Popcorn




1/2 cup popcorn kernels
2 Tbs popcorn oil
1/3 c butter
2/3 c sugar
1 tsp cinnamon 
1 tsp vanilla




Heat up oil on medium heat and add one kernel, when that one pops add the rest of the kernels. Slide the pan back and forth over the stove until all popcorn kernels are popped. Pour popcorn into large bowl.


Melt the butter and sugar over medium heat until the sugar is dissolved. Remove from heat and add the cinnamon and vanilla. Stir. Pour mixture over the popcorn. Stir until it is all combined. Spread popcorn into a greased roaster pan or jelly roll pan.

Preheat over to 250 degrees. Bake for 10 minutes and stir after 5 minutes. Remove from oven and cool before serving. 

Source: Moms Test Kitchen

No comments:

Post a Comment