Thursday, March 14, 2013

Peanut Butter Granola

Spring is in the air today! I've decided to focus on how beautiful today is instead of thinking of the impending storm coming behind this gorgeous day!

Today I'm sharing with you a homemade peanut butter granola. It is so tasty. I sprinkle mine over vanilla yogurt or homemade greek yogurt {which I will share this recipe one day in the future!} It would also be great paired up with fruit and yogurt for a parfait. Or another tasty option, make your own trail mix with this granola. Add dried fruits, dark chocolate, or nuts. It would be a super healthy snack for yourself or the kiddos!

I was amazed at how easy it was to make this granola. I made it one night late at night because I wanted something to put in my yogurt. And it was a hit in my book :)

 Peanut Butter Granola:

4 Tbs creamy peanut butter
4 Tbs honey
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp vanilla
2 cups oats

Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray a cookie sheet with PAM. 

Combine the peanut butter and honey in a microwave safe bowl and microwave until it melts. (Around 25 seconds) Stir until it is smooth.

Stir in cinnamon and vanilla and mix until all is combine. Pour the mixture over the oats and stir until completely combined. Spread out the oat mixture on the cooking sheet in an even layer. 

Bake for 8 minutes or until slightly browned. Let cool before enjoying!

Source: Shape Magazine

1 comment:

  1. Sounds great and easy to make! I'm gonna try this and add nuts and raisins to mine:) Thanks for this yummy snack.

    ReplyDelete