Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Funfetti Rice Krispie Treats

 
Today has just been one of those “mommy” days. It all started last night with a very poor nights sleep. I was up five times throughout the night either nursing or singing endlessly twinkle twinkle little star to my two year old who couldn’t be comforted. When it was finally time to wake this morning I was so looking forward to my morning coffee. I went to curl up on the couch to drink it but of coarse it was time to nurse my 5 month old again, so I did the no no thing and drank it while I nursed. Well then Max my wiener dog decided he wanted to cuddle and hit my arm with my coffee and it spilled all down my chest. Arg. Don’t worry Molly was fine! So it was time to take off to MOPS this morning and I went to get into the car and smashed my head into the car as I was getting in. Really?!?! Now I had a big ol red lump on my forehead. Why was this happening. {My mom break at MOPS was much needed!} But then I came back home! It was nap time and I came back home and spent 2 hours putting my daughters down for nap time. In that time I had Eve accidentally poop on the floor (potty training) and get out of her bed 4 times to go potty in which I had to stop nursing because she started running around with out being wiped off. (One can’t be mad at that though, she is working so hard on potty training!) Then it finally happened. Both girls were sleeping. And ahhhhh a little time to myself. When I see my babies sleeping so peacefully the events of the day start to melt away. It is really the simple pleasures in life. :)
Its on days like today that I like to reflect on this prayer I found on a mom blog. I wish I could give credit to where I found it but I don’t remember!
Dear Lord, I have been stressed and overwhelmed in my role as a mom, and often feel guilty about it. I'm physically and spiritually exhausted. Help me remember that these feelings are normal and that I need to depend on You for strength and wisdom. Give me the desire and ability to persevere and find joy in the adventure of motherhood. In Jesus' Name, Amen.
So here is a treat you can make with your little kiddos! It is so yummy! I love rice krispies and I love funfetti cake. It is a nice combination of both. I think it would be fun to form the entire batch into a giant heart for Valentines day or little hearts! Or have you seen this one on Pinterest? They would make fun Valentines treats, but this treat can be enjoyed all year long with different colored sprinkles!
krispies
Funfetti Rice Krispie Treats
4  Tbs Butter
5 c Rice Krispies
10 oz Marshmallows
3/4 c Funfetti dry cake mix
Sprinkles

Melt butter on medium heat and add marshmallows. Slowly mix cake mix a little bit at a time while the marshmallows are melting. When melted add cereal until completely combined. Put in a 9x13 and spray hands with PAM and pat out the bars. Add as many sprinkles as you want! The more the merrier!

No comments:

Post a Comment