Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Holiday Potpourri

This homemade potpourri is so great! I feel like my house is hard to keep smelling good with a mini dachshund and 2 young children. You know…spilled milk, poopie diapers, and wet doggie paws from the snow. It just doesn’t always smell superb in my house. With this going on a low simmer my house smelled like Christmas!

holiday pot

Holiday Potpourri
1 whole orange
1/2 cup fresh cranberries
1 Tbs whole cloves
3 cinnamon sticks

Quarter the orange. Combine the orange with the cranberries, whole cloves, and cinnamon sticks in a 2 quart pan and cover with water. Bring to a simmer and then set on low heat. DO NOT let the water evaporate completely. Just add water as you see it start to go down.
.

holiday pot 2 

One pot of potpourri will last multiple days. Simply just add more water. {It will turn a brown color after a couple of simmers, it is still good to use!} I found mine lasted about a week. I hope you enjoy the smells of this Holiday Potpourri!

Source: Carolina Charm

No comments:

Post a Comment