Thursday, December 6, 2012

Egg Nog Coffee Cake

Tis the season for egg nog!  I find that egg nog is almost a love/hate relationship. I am on the hate side. I really just don’t prefer it at all. My husband is on the love side. As soon as Halloween was over this year we had hit every grocery store in town trying to see who would have it first. Just last week we had four cartons of egg nog in our fridge and he is the only one that drinks it in our house. We had to have different name brands, light vs regular, vanilla flavor, pumpkin spice flavor. He wants to make sure he finds the right one that reminds him of his grandmas when he was a young boy. I just sit back in amazement as he drinks it! That is why I wanted to make this coffee cake. I wanted to impress him and it worked :) And I even enjoyed it!
coffeecake
Egg Nog Coffee Cake
1 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
1 cup eggnog
1 container (8 ounces) sour cream
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 eggs
2 1/2 cups  all-purpose flour
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt

Streusel Topping
1/3 cup granulated sugar
1 tablespoon  all-purpose flour
1 tablespoon butter or margarine, softened
1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg

Grease 9x13 pan with shortening or PAM. In small bowl mix all Streusel Topping ingredients with fork until crumbly; set aside. In large bowl, beat 1 cup granulated sugar and 1/2 cup butter with electric mixer on medium speed. Beat in 1 cup eggnog, the sour cream, vanilla extract and eggs until blended. Stir in 2 1/2 cups flour, the baking powder, baking soda and salt. Spread in pan. Sprinkle Streusel Topping over batter. Cover and refrigerate at least 8 hours. Heat oven to 350°F. Uncover pan; bake 35 to 40 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 20 minutes.

Source:Mandy's Recipe Box

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Laura,
    I love eggnog and this recipe looks so easy. I may have to make it soon :) I really like your blog and I've nominated you for the Liebster Blog Award. The information about it is available in todays post. Hope you're having a great day!

    Shannon
    www.searchingfordessert.com

    ReplyDelete