Sunday, November 4, 2012

Neat –and- Tidy Joes

If you are like me and are from the north a sandwich like this would be called a BBQ. (Unless it was just my family that called them that!) And if you are from the south like my husband, they are called sloppy joes. I can’t ever recall using the name sloppy joes ever for this sandwich. Apparently if I use the term BBQ my husband expects BBQ sauce to be slathered over said item. Before I met my husband I hated BBQ sauce, and I don’t use the word hate very often. It was just gross. I have learned to like BBQ sauce after making the trip to his hometown of Memphis. Its slightly growing on me. This recipe is a great combination of buttery biscuits and tangy barbeque. And like I named them, they are not sloppy at all. :)
neatandtidy
Neat –and- Tidy Joes1 lb hamburger
1/2 medium onion
2 tsp worcestershire sauce
1/4 c. ketchup
1 Tbs. jalapeño mustard
(regular ol’ mustard will work)
1/4 c BBQ sauce
1 can refrigerated biscuits
Cheddar cheese for topping

Brown hamburger and onions together until meat is no longer pink. Add all the sauces into the skillet with your meat. Push individual biscuits into a muffin tin so they make a cup on the inside to put the meat mixture. Spoon meat mixture into the biscuit cups and top with desired amount of cheddar cheese. Bake at 350 degrees for 14 minutes.
If you like to “dip it” as my daughter calls it, I made an equal mixture of ranch and BBQ sauce together to dip it in.

No comments:

Post a Comment