Wednesday, November 21, 2012

How To Cook Buttercup Squash

I love to bargain shop! Plain and simple. I won’t pay full price for items, it just makes me cringe. I get such a thrill from finding a good bargain. Hence, I love Black Friday! I look forward to getting the newspaper on Thanksgiving and seeing all the ads chalk full of great deals! It gets me so excited. I get anxiety on some items because they are such great buys I’m afraid I won’t snag them before someone else does. {I know, I’m a bit odd!} But I’m a thrifty odd girl :)
And now on a side note, I will tell you how to cook a buttercup squash. It is so painfully easy! I had no idea it was so easy. I really never made squash because I thought it would be too hard and well I actually just acquired the taste for it recently.
This method yields a moist rich and creamy squash!squash
1 Buttercup Squash
2 Tbs butter

First and foremost, wash the outside of your squash! If the exterior is too hard to cut through, place it in the microwave for 1-2 minutes to help soften the exterior. Cut the squash in half and remove the seeds with a tablespoon. Fill a 9 x 13 baking dish with about 1 inch of water and place the squash cut side down into the water.
Bake at 350 degrees for 35-40 minutes. Remove from oven and flip the squash over. Should be soft and pull away from the exterior easily. Put 1 Tbs of butter in each half of the squash.If you are like Paula Deen, add more butter! If you like it sweeter you can also add brown sugar.
This would make a great side dish for Thanksgiving! I hope everyone has a wonderful Thanksgiving :)

No comments:

Post a Comment