Thursday, November 15, 2012

Grilled CAB

I’m apart of a group of friends where we get together every couple of months and have our version of “Iron Chef” night. I love when this night rolls around. We collaborate together to decide which ingredient will be our secret ingredient. Nate is in charge of the main dish, Michelle decorates the table to match our ingredient, Sarah makes the dessert, Kelly makes the drink, I make the appetizer, and my husband, well he just shows up! Its always exciting to see what everyone made to show off our secret ingredient. Our last get together our ingredient was apples and I made these! They were delicious and the next day I was still thinking about them. That is what inspired me to make this Grilled CAB (Cheddar Apple Bacon). It is a great combination of creamy cheese, smoky bacon, and tart apples!
CAB 
Grilled CAB: Makes 2 sandwiches
4 slices of your favorite bread
4 slices cheddar cheese
1/2 granny smith apple
1 tsp brown sugar
4 slices of bacon
butter for the bread

Prepare your bacon according to package. Slice granny smith apples into 1/4 inch slices and put them in a bowl with the brown sugar. Make sure they are evenly coated. Layer the apple slices, cheese, and bacon on the bread. Butter the outsides of the bread and grill on medium heat.
TIP: If I would have had apple butter on hand I would have put a layer of that on the sandwich before grilling! Yummy.

No comments:

Post a Comment