Sunday, November 11, 2012

Buffalo Turkey Quesadilla

Am I the only one that gets sick of having the same thing over and over again for lunch? Turkey sandwich, ham sandwich, cheese sandwich (of the grilled sorts). Well one of the perks of being a stay at home mom is I have full use of my kitchen on my “lunch hour”. I know, lunch hour, please. How about lunch minutes. I came up with this idea for a buffalo turkey quesadilla because it used all my ingredients that I had on hand at home and it spiced my lunch up! buffaloturkey1 Buffalo Turkey Quesadilla
-makes 2 quesadillas (I had to feed my husband too!)

2 burrito size tortillas
1 C shredded cheddar cheese (split between the quesadillas)
10 slices turkey breast sandwich meat
2 Tbs sour cream
10 dashes Franks Red Hot sauce
2 Tbs oil for frying

Mix the sour cream and hot sauce together to make the sauce for the quesadilla. Spread half of the sauce on the entire tortilla. Sprinkle with 1/2 cup of the cheddar cheese. (I like cheese, so if this is too much for you cut it in half again.) Layer 5 slices of turkey breast on the tortilla and fold in half.
Heat up the oil in a skillet on medium heat. Wait until the oil is hot enough that the tortilla will sizzle a little when placed in the oil. You don’t want a soggy quesadilla! Cook for a couple of minutes on each side until it is golden brown and the cheese is melted.
buffaloturkey2

No comments:

Post a Comment