Wednesday, November 7, 2012

7 Up Biscuits

O M to the G these biscuits are amazing! Im not gonna lie. Im going to be completely honest. I have never cooked a biscuit in my life! I never really grew up eating biscuits but my husband loves them! (Again a southern thing!) I felt like they would be overwhelming to make and too challenging. Not these biscuits. They were so simple and super delicious. We were ooohing and ahhhing after every bite. O the possibilities. I made bbq chicken and coleslaw to go with them. They would also be delicious with apple butter or amazing as a sandwich with bacon and egg. This is a keeper! Trust me, people will be impressed if you make these.
7upbiscuits 7 Up Biscuits2 cups Bisquick
1/2 cup sour cream
1/2 cup 7-up
1/4 cup melted butter

Preheat the oven to 450 degrees. Mix sour cream into the Bisquick  mix and then add 7UP. Stir until completely combined, it will be a sticky soft dough.
Sprinkle counter top with Bisquick and pat out biscuit dough. (Put Bisquick on your hand when handling the dough, it will help it from sticking)
Cut the dough into biscuits.
Melt the butter in a 9 inch pan and then add your biscuits onto the top of the melted butter.
Bake at 450 degrees for 12 min or until golden.

Source: Plain Chicken

No comments:

Post a Comment