Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Veggie Chedda Chowda

I’m surprised that I still get surprised that some days I don’t get but maybe 30 minutes to myself. Being a stay at home mom with a 2 year old and a 2 month old is actually quite a lot of work.That is one of the reasons I wanted to start a blog. Its nice to have an outlet and something that I can call all mine. As any mom knows you don’t have a lot of stuff that is actually all yours! And this is all mine :) I made this soup and it is so yummy and comforting. I’m totally from North Dakota, so I didn’t want to call it Vegetable Cheddar Chowder, eh. I just happened to be watching food network and they were in Boston, so that is where my name for this soup came from!
  DSCN1216
Veggie Chedda Chowda:
1 celery stick
2 carrots sticks
1/2 medium onion
2 Tbs butter
1 (32oz) box chicken broth
2 potatoes
1 frozen bag of California blend vegetables (broccoli,cauliflower, and carrots)
1 clove garlic
1 tsp vegeta (optional)
1/2 c. water
1 Tbs flour
2/3 c whole milk
2 c cheddar cheese

Melt butter on medium heat in a large pot (i used my sweet dutch oven!) saute diced celery,carrots,onion until tender. Chop the frozen carrots from the blend and also saute those at the same time. Add garlic and cook for another 1 to 2 minutes.Next add chicken broth and potatoes and bring to a boil. This is where I added the vegeta. Boil until potatoes are tender. Mix flour and water together and add to the soup, this will help thicken the soup. Pour in milk and the chopped broccoli and cauliflower. Continue to boil until the broccoli and cauliflower are tender. To finish the soup add the cheddar cheese and melt. Yummy!

Adapted: Lulu the Baker

No comments:

Post a Comment