Tuesday, October 23, 2012

I {heart} my dutch oven

I love me some good deals! I found this cast iron enamel dutch oven while shopping at Shopko on major clearance! I was going to add it to my Christmas wish list this year, well Merry Christmas to me ;)

So now that I have this sweet dutch oven I wanted to make something nice and cozy to go in it! Its currently raining and 45 degrees outside and I love to eat something warm after being outside in this kind of weather. I believe I got this recipe from my cousin, but I've tweaked it a bit to make it my own. This is great the first day and just as great the next day. If not better! You can even throw it in your crockpot if you wanted to. I serve mine with sour cream, cheese, and a side of tortilla chips.



TACO CHILI:
1 lb hamburger
1/2 medium onion
1 packet taco seasoning
1 packet ranch mix
1 can chili beans
1 can black beans (drained or you will have the toots!)
1 can corn (drained-no toots involved here)
1 can diced petite tomatoes
1 can tomato soup
1 can rotel

Brown hamburger over medium heat with diced onions. Cook thoroughly. At this point you can either dump all ingredients into a crock pot or put them in your sweet dutch oven. Combine and let simmer. Garnish with sour cream, cheddar cheese, and a side of tortilla chips. If you want it more soup like add chicken broth to the consistency you want. Yummy Yummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment